Welcome to the Conners Emerson School Nurse's Corner!
Visit often for current information that may be of interest
to you and your child.
Many younger students have been unprepared for the cooler weather we have experienced on recent mornings. Please remind them to wear layers and bring a coat each day.
Also please remember to pack a snack and water bottle everyday for your child.
AS A REMINDER......
Please help the school nurse care for your child by informing the nurse if your child has:
- any chronic or acute illnesses
- a new medication or change in medication dosage
- been exposed to a communicable disease such as a strep throat infection, chicken pox, or conjunctivitis
- a life-threatening or new allergy
- a serious injury requiring hospitalization, or a diagnosed head concussion
- an injury requiring casting, sutures, a splint, or mobility assistance of crutches or wheelchair
Please keep your child home when the following symptoms are present
- Temperature of 100 degrees F or greater within the past 24 hours
- Vomiting or diarrhea occurring within the past 24 hours
- Strep infections of any kind, untreated ringworm, conjunctivitis, or impetigo. These are all contagious infections and must be treated with medication for at least 24 hours before returning to school
- Rash of unknown origin - this may indicate many different things and should be checked by your pediatrician
- Untreated lice (pediculosis) infestation